Sunday, May 21, 2006

Amigurumi Dress and Hair Pattern

It occured to me, after exchanging like 5 or 6 pm's with another member of Crochetville, that maybe I oughta put the pattern for the hair and the dress I made for my Dudette up here.

It honestly just never occurred to me before - it's like I have this thing in my head that says that all other crocheters out there are better than me, and therefore wouldn't want ME telling them what to do. As I said to the other member in one of the pm's: maybe I should have more faith in my OWN crocheting abilities, huh?!



Hair

You will need:
any yarn of your choice
complementary hook
(I used double knitting weight yarn, and a 3.00 mm hook)

*Note* You will be making EACH STRAND of hair individually.

Ch 21 for shorter hair, 26 for longer hair.

Row 1: sc in the 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, fasten off

The work will automatically curl a bit, because of the closeness and the type of stitches used. You can either leave it as is or twist it around a bit to make it even more curly. That's what I did with mine (I wanted Dudette's hair to resemble mine a bit ;).

Use the ends of the work to sew it onto your amigurumi's head, wherever you'd like. (In my version, I started with the beginning round and progressively worked my way down until I felt she had enough hair).

Repeat until you've got the amount of hair you desire.

Dress

You will need:
any yarn of your choice
complementary hook
(I used double knitting weight yarn, and a 3.00 mm hook)

*Note: you will be making the dress in 2 pieces and then joining them together.

For the skirt:
Chain the same amount of stitches as the circumference of your amigurumi (as said in the previous post, I used Crochet Me's "Amigurumi Dude" pattern, and the circumference of the body was 30 stitches, so I chained 30), join with a sl st to form a ring, ch 1.

Row 1: 2 sc in each st around, join.

Row 2: ch 2, 1 dc in each st around, join.

Row 3: ch 2, 1 dc in 1st st, 2 dc in next st (1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st). Repeat from ( to ) around. Join.

Row 4: same as row 3.

Fasten off, weaving in ends.

For the bodice:

ch 5

Row 1: 2 dc in 2nd ch from hook, 3 dc in next ch, 2 sc in last ch. ch 2, turn.

Row 2: (ch 2 counts as first dc) 1 dc in 1st st, 2 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 3 dc in next st, 2 dc in each of the next 3 sts. Fasten off, weaving in ONLY the LAST end.

Use the BEGINNING tail to whipstitch the bodice to the skirt, making sure the seam you made in the skirt is at the BACK.

Using 1 strand for each side, attach yarn to the sides of the bodice for straps, wrap them around your amigurumi's neck, and tie with a bow on the back. (Doing it this way, you can make different dresses and change your amigurumi's clothes whenever the mood strikes you!)

On a personal note: this is the first time I've ever written a pattern for others to use. Please let me know if there's anything I should add or do differently if you have a problem with these directions. If I'm going to bother writing patterns, I'd like to do it right the FIRST time! KWIM? :)

3 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Very cute!

nukkingphutz said...

Wow! I got a comment from THE DUDE????

Excuse me while I go find somewhere comfortable to faint.

;-)

Seriously though... THANKS!!!! :D

Lyndsie said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the hair! You should def have faith in your own abilities ;)