Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I've won me a JIMBO HOOK!!!!!!

Can you tell how excited I am?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you've GOT to go check out his blog. He hand-carves (or "whittles," as he likes to say sometimes) these GORGEOUS crochet hooks from wood he (mostly) just happens to find while walking around on his property. He does sometimes use different woods - like African Padauk - but the majority of the wood he uses he just finds in the natural habitat around him.

I've been seeing his work around Crochetville and on his own blog, and I gotta tell you... I could only DREAM of the day I could own my very own Jimbo hook. I just read this post here from another Crochetville member, and it only proves to solidify my already high opinion of them. They're gorgeous, but for the amount of money his go for (he auctions them off, and the highest bidder gets it - usually about $20 or $25 U.S.D.), there's just no way I'd be able to afford one. I can't spend that much money in an entire month on ALL my crocheting supplies, never mind just one hook!

But I WON one! I won! I won! I won!

He said on his blog that he was giving them away because he didn't like the finish he used on them - it was an experiment that didn't go quite the way he'd hoped. But ya know what? I DON'T CARE! I can't WAIT to get it!

I've already decided what I'm going to do with it. First, I'm going to make something for myself. Yes, I'm going to be selfish just this once. Then, I'm going to use it to make my sister's pillowghan that I'm re-doing, and I think I might do the same for my neighbor. She's been a great friend (heck, my ONLY friend) since I moved here, and she just mentioned a few weeks ago that she wanted an afghan. So I think I'm gonna make her a pillowghan for Christmas... or maybe her birthday. Depends on how soon I get it done.

I've got PLANS for this thing! And it ain't even HERE yet! *LOL*

No comments: