Monday, January 22, 2007

Blasts From the Past and Updates

This top one, obviously, is a poncho. It's one I made for my now 9-year old daughter, Caitlin. These are the colors she specifically asked for, but it was my idea to edge it in fun fur. It turned out a bit bigger than I'd thought it would - it fits ME!!! - so I threaded some elastic through the neckhole, and tied it off. When she's wearing it, you can't even see the elastic, so nobody knows the difference! :)
The second one is the baby blanket I crocheted for my youngest, about 4 years ago. Actually, it was meant for my nephew - only everybody thought he was going to be a niece. Even his mother - my sister - thought so. I hadn't made Chloe one at first, because she was born at the end of May. The end of May in Illinois is VERY warm. The last thing she was going to need was a crocheted blanket! So I made this later that year, but when my sister actually HAD the baby and realized it was a boy, I figured Chloe could have this one. (I made another one very similar to this one - but in blue and white - for my nephew).


The second picture is simply a close-up of the stitches on the baby
blanket.
And this last picture is my progress so far on my scarf that I'm making with the "oh-my-gosh-I-love-this-stuff-it's-so-soft" yarn. :) I've had to frog it 3 times, but I like how it's finally turning out.

I should have it completely finished in a day or two, and I'll definitely be posting pictures then! :)

No comments: