Thursday, January 18, 2007

I LOVE my SIL!!


Lookie what she brought me!!!!

The picture just does NOT do this stuff justice. I call the yarn on the right the oh-my-gosh-I-love-this-stuff-it's-so-soft yarn. I can't put into words just HOW soft this stuff is!!!

She picked it up from work. She's the Asst. Mgr. for a soft furnishings store, and they were selling kits for knitting a pair of slippers - complete kits. Needles, yarn, the whole "kit & caboodle," so to speak. Well, some lady brought this stuff in, saying she'd bought one of the kits and all it had in it was the yarn. *Yeah, right.* She's the one responsible for making sure that all the stock on the shelves is up-to-date and in good condition. She knows for a fact that there weren't any incomplete kits. But "the customer is always right".... so they had to "write off" this yarn. And since they had to do that anyway... she brought it to me!!!!

I'm lucky, I am. :)

I think I'm going to make a scarf out of it. I'm going to do the body of the scarf in the oh-my-gosh-I-love-this-stuff-it's-so-soft yarn, and then do the ends in the fun fur. I had thought of doing both together... but that would take away from the softness of the yarn itself, and I don't want to do that. It's too gorgeous for that.

Add another WiP to the list!!!

No comments: