Sunday, March 11, 2007

Comfortghan Squares for Jessie

Jessie, a woman I've been getting to know recently on the 'ville just lost her husband yesterday. She's a SAHM with 2 small children, and she's already had a lot to deal with lately. The timing of this couldn't be worse.

So another lady on the board immediately started organizing a comfortghan for her and her kids. I've still got a few finishing touches to put on my swap partner's package, but I decided this was important enough to put it off for just one day to get some squares done.

I'm going to do a couple more for the kids as well, but as it's already well past late here, they're going to have to wait until the morning.

My heart hurts for Jessie. She's been so supportive to a small group of us who are trying to do some "self-improvement," and like I said before, she's been through so much lately. It's times like this when I wish I was lucky enough to be rich. If I had an unlimited supply of money, I'd be on a plane right now. I'd just show up on her doorstep and say "what do you need me to do?" - AFTER I gave her a big hug, of course.

But I don't have an unlimited supply of money. So the closest thing to a hug she's going to get from me is to know that a couple of the squares in her 'ghan came from me. So I guess that'll have to do. It's not enough, but it's something.

No comments: