Monday, March 19, 2007

Caitlin's Purse






The whole thing...


Close-up of the body of the purse...


And an even closer close-up, so you can see the cute little button I found for it!!!
Caitlin had gotten a little craft kit from one of her friends as a late Christmas present, and we were both disappointed to find out that it was for nothing but making pom-poms. Pom-poms are okay for certain things, but what the heck is a 10 year old supposed to do with a BUNCH of them???

So I came up with the idea of using the yarn inside to make a purse for her (which she'd been dying for anyway) instead. She absolutely loved that idea, so Saturday night I sat down with the box and started crocheting away.

She didn't even see the entire completed project before going to bed (because I still had to finish the lining) but already she kept asking me "are you going to finish that tonight, Mom?" So I'm guessing she likes it.

And really, that's all that matters. It's HER purse, so as long as SHE likes it, nobody else's opinions matter worth a damn anyway. ;)

No comments: